Look for Suspicious Packages
Comal County Sheriff’s Office encourages residents to be alert for any unusual or suspicious packages in their immediate surroundings following recent package bombings in Austin and Schertz.
In a press release, the Sheriff’s Office warned these packages may be delivered to residences or businesses or abandoned in unusual places and should be considered a potential threat.
Members of the public are advised to call authorities should they encounter or receive unexpected or unknown-sender packages that may be unusual or suspicious. Residents should never touch, move or open unusual or suspicious packages; instead, they should move away and call law enforcement.
Indicators of suspicious packages or package bombs include
– Unexpected or unknown delivery
– No return address
– Excessive postage
– Packages marked “Personal” or “Private”
– Packages containing irregular shape or surface
– Packages with excessive tape or protruding wires
– Packages with unusual markings, stains or spots, or emitting unusual odors.
Comal County residents wishing to report any unusual or suspicious packages are urged to contact the Comal County Sheriff’s office non-emergency number at 830-620-3400 or 830-885-4883.