Agenda for April 25 Commissioners Court
Here’s the agenda for Comal County Commissioners Court meeting on Thursday, April 25. The court meets at 8:30 a.m. every Thursday in the Commissioners Courtroom, 100 Main Plaza, New Braunfels. Click here to see hyperlinks to each agenda item.
Meetings are now streamed live, online. Click here to watch the meeting. The live link will not be posted until shortly before the meeting begins.
CALL TO ORDER:
8:30 AM ACTION AGENDA:
The following subjects will be discussed, considered, and acted upon:
1. Approve Claims.
2. Proclamation recognizing the Week of April 27 – May 4, 2019 as National Infant Immunization Week in Comal County.
1. Citizens’ Comments. (Citizens’ Comments are limited to three minutes per person. Pursuant to the Texas Open Meetings Act, the Court is limited in its ability to respond to Citizens’ Comments.)
2. Recognition of Employees for years of service to Comal County.
3. Reports by County Staff and Elected Officials on items of Community interest.
ACTION AGENDA CONTINUED:
3. Discuss and consider approval of boundary change in Precinct 105 to create new Precinct 108 in accordance with Election Code 42.006 to become effective January 1, 2020.
4. Discuss and Consider Approval of Nationwide Life Insurance Company Guaranteed Minimum Interest Rate Change Options and Fixed Account Amendment to Group Flexible Purchase Payment Deferred Variable Annuity Contract, and authorize County Treasurer to sign.
5. Discuss and consider utilizing the Justice Court Technology Fund to purchase a laptop for Justice of Peace Pct. 3.
6. Discuss and consider utilizing the Justice Court Technology Fund for JPCA Annual Justice of the Peace and Constables Association Education Conference for Justice of the Peace Pct. 2.
7. Discuss and consider acceptance of resignation of Donald Hatcher from Emergency Services District #5 Board of Directors.
8. Discuss and consider a line item transfer in Sheriff’s Office, FROM: Graphics, TO: Capital Equipment in order to capitalize graphics with the purchase of new vehicles.
9. Discuss and consider approval of a line item transfer FROM: Administrative Costs-Contingency, TO: Sheriff’s Office-Canine Maintenance to provide funding for unforeseen medical expenditures.
10. Discuss and consider approval of a reclassification of the Food Services Manager position (N8-9) to Food Services Manager position (LE7-1) in the Jail. No budget amendment necessary.