Agenda for June 13 Commissioners Court
Here’s the agenda for Comal County Commissioners Court meeting on Thursday, May 22. The court meets at 8:30 a.m. every Thursday in the Commissioners Courtroom, 100 Main Plaza, New Braunfels. Click here to see hyperlinks to each agenda item.
Meetings are now streamed live, online. Click here to watch the meeting. The live link will not be posted until shortly before the meeting begins.
CALL TO ORDER:
8:30 AM ACTION AGENDA:
1. Approve Claims.
1. Citizens’ Comments. (Citizens’ Comments are limited to three minutes per person. Pursuant to the Texas Open Meetings Act, the Court is limited in its ability to respond to Citizens’ Comments.)
2. Reports by County Staff and Elected Officials on items of Community interest.
ACTION AGENDA CONTINUED:
2. Discuss and consider approving the temporary closure of portions of various county roads from 10:45 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. for the 4th of July parade in Startzville, sponsored by Startz Memorial VFS Post 8800. Direct county engineer to establish procedures for temporary diversion of traffic.
3. Discuss and consider approval of the Amendment to Plat of Canyon Lake Village West, Unit No. 5, combining lots 855, 856, 857 and 858, establishing Lot 855R.
4. Discuss and consider appproval of the Amendment to Plat of Eagles Peak Ranch, Unit No. 1, combining lots 32, 33 and 34, establishing Lot 32R (Pct. 4).
5. Discuss and consider waiving the requirement for the preparation of a subdivision plat pursuant to Comal County Subdivision Regulations for conveyance of a 0.65-acre tract and a 0.34-acre tract from Cypress Cove Maintenance Association to Cypress Cove Water Supply Corporation, and said tracts being located within the Charles Murhardt Survey.
6. Discuss and consider approval of change orders #28-#35 for Comal County Jail project and authorize the county engineer to sign said documents.
7. Discuss and consider appointment of Comal County treasurer as Comal County’s delegate for 2019 National Association of Counties Annual Conference.
8. Discuss and consider approval of grant application under FY2019 Court Improvement Grant through the Texas Judicial Commission on Mental Health in the amount of $60,000 for subscription fees of software-secure collaboration platform, and authorize electronic submission.
9. Discuss and consider a line-item transfer in Road and Bridge Maintenance & Operations FROM: High Water Warning System, Tires, Tubes and Repairs and Consulting & Professional Services, TO: Contract Services, Training, and Building Maintenance to repair low-water crossings, cover training costs for the remainder of the year, and repair Road Department’s men’s room floor.
10. Discuss and consider a line-item transfer in Jail, FROM: Police Supplies, TO: Non-capital equipment for the purchase of eight bulletproof vests.