Comal County Commissioners will decide whether to approve Fire Marshal Kory Klabunde for another two-year term of office at their weekly meeting Thursday, May 4.
Klabunde’s office is responsible for arson investigations and fire safety programs and regulations.
Also up for consideration and approval is the 2018 county parks’ selection process and application, and line-item transfers and budget amendments to the county’s 2016 budget.
Commissioners are expected to proclaim April 30-May 6 Small Business Week on Comal County and will honor New Braunfels State Farm owner/agent Justin Meadows as the area’s small business person of the year.
The following subjects will be discussed, considered, and acted upon:
- Approve Claims.
- Proclamation Naming April 30 – May 6, 2017, as Small Business Week in Comal County and Recognizing Justin Meadows as Comal County’s Small Business Person of the Year.
- Proclamation Recognizing National Children’s Mental Health Awareness Day.
- Proclamation Recognizing May 2017 as Older Americans Month.
- Proclamation Recognizing May 2017 as Elder Abuse Prevention Month in Comal County.
- Discuss and consider accepting the dedication of public right-of-way within Vintage Oaks at the Vineyard, Unit 13, accepting the roads into the Comal County Unit Road System, acknowledging the completion of stormwater drainage improvements, and releasing the associated surety, Construction Bond #1118957. (Pct. 1)
- Discuss and consider approval of the Amendment to Plats combining Lot 289 of Scenic Heights, Unit No. 2, with Lot 287R of the Amendment to Plat of Scenic Heights, Unit No. 2, establishing Lot 287RR. (Pct. 1)
- Discuss and consider approval of the Amendment to Plat of Sunburst Ranch, Unit No. 1, combining Lots 6 and 7, establishing Lot 6R. (Pct. 1)
- Discuss and consider approval of the Amendment to Plat of Westhaven Subdivision, combining Lots 40 and 41 of Block 1, establishing Lot 40R. (Pct. 1)
- Discuss and consider approval of a street name, SOLMS QUARRY RD, for a private road located approximately 1200 feet west from the intersection of MARIGOLD WAY and FM 482. (Pct. 3)
- Discuss and consider approval of the 2018 County Parks Selection Process and Application.
- Discuss and consider approval of Treasurer’s Monthly Report for March 2017.
- Discuss and consider approval of Resolutions authorizing the sale of certain properties for less than the amount of delinquent taxes owed.
- Discuss and consider approval of the Contract for Professional Services by and between Hardy, Heck, and Moore, Inc. and the Comal County Historical Commission and authorize County Judge to sign.
- Discuss and consider approval of re-appointment of Comal County Fire Marshal Kory Klabunde to a two-year term of office effective May 16, 2017.
- Discuss and consider approval of Public Official Bond in the amount of $3000.00 for Kory Klabunde, County Fire Marshal.
- Discuss and consider approval of line-item transfers in the 2016 Budget of the General Fund, Road & Bridge Fund, Jury Fund, Debt Service Fund, Law Library Fund, Juvenile Case Manager Fund, and Indigent Health Care Fund between lines within the respective funds to cover negative line-item balances caused by year-end accruals.
- Discuss and consider approval of a line-item transfer in General Fund, FROM: Various Departments-Telephone/Aircard Costs, TO: Administrative Costs-Telephone/Aircard Costs to consolidate expenditures into a single line item.
- Discuss and consider approval of a budget amendment to the 2016 Budgets of the Flood Control Operating Fund, Sheriff’s Chapter 59 Forfeiture Fund, Child Safety Fund and District Clerk Records Preservation Fund from their respective fund reserves to cover negative expenditure line balances caused by year-end accruals and under-budgeted line items.
- Discuss and consider approval to purchase a laptop for Justice of the Peace #3 utilizing the Justice Court Technology Fund.
- Present and consider for award Bid 2017-405 Solms Road, Wald Road, and Altegelt Lane Resurfacing Project and authorize Purchasing Director to execute all related documents.