Christmas Fun in Our Area
There’s no more beautiful place to celebrate the season.
Canyon Lake is lit up and gorgeous, and historic New Braunfels mixes Dickensian holiday traditions with seasonal German flair and authenticity. Topping off the cheer is a tight-knit community infused with the spirit of giving and commitment to making the New Year very bright for families in need.
Add these special dates to your Advent Calendar:
Dec. 10, Dec. 15, Dec. 16, and Dec. 17.
- Children’s giggles and shouts of glee are the reason for the Christmas season for six nights at CRRC Recreation Center, where the 20th Annual North Pole Village continues to delight area kids and grandkids with beautiful lights, booths and activities — and Santa, of course. At $5 per ticket, it’s the best holiday bargain around.
Thursday, Dec. 15
- Holiday Happenings with Santa at Landa Park Dec. 15 is perfect for young families.
- Learn about the holiday tradition of making tamales. Make a dozen to take home!
Friday, Dec. 16
- Golden Girls Widows Club celebrates the season at Tye Preston Memorial Library.
- Annual holiday shindig at Gruene Hall with Bruce Orbison and Kelly Willis.
- Canyon Lake United Methodist Church hosts CRRC Live Nativity at North Pole Village.
Saturday, Dec. 17
- The Hometown Holiday Christmas Parade winds right through downtown New Braunfels. Holiday market included!
- The movie Polar Express arrives at the Landa Park Dance Slab. Free.
- Race for the Pantry to help CRRC provide food for Canyon Lake-area families in need.
Tuesday, Dec. 20
- The San Antonio-based Two Ton Tuesday continues to push the line between country and punk with this special holiday edition at Gruene Hall. Swing dancing lessons precede the return of this summer group.