Comal County Reports COVID-19 Deaths of Five More Residents
Five more Comal County residents have died of COVID-19, including a Canyon Lake woman in her 60s, the county said in a statement today.
The county also reported 183 new cases of the virus from Dec. 23-27, bringing the total to 21,022 since reporting began in March 2020.
The total number of deceased is now 482.
- A Canyon Lake woman in her 60s who passed away at home on Dec. 22.
- A Bulverde man in his 70s died who died Dec. 18 at a San Antonio hospital.
- A Bulverde man in his 50s who passed away Dec. 10 at a San Antonio hospital.
- A New Braunfels man in his 70s who died Dec. 10 at home.
- A New Braunfels man in his 60s who passed away on Dec. 3 at a New Braunfels hospital.
On Tuesday, Comal County hospitals reported caring for 15 COVID-19 patients. Of those, five are in intensive care and four are on ventilators.
None of these patients are vaccinated. Not all COVID-positive patients hospitalized in Comal County are necessarily county residents.
Some 61.49% of county residents are fully vaccinated (two shots).
The Public Health Department is administering Moderna COVID-19 vaccines for those 18 and older, and Pfizer vaccines for anyone five years and up. Booster vaccines also are available.
To schedule an appointment to receive a vaccine call 830-221-1150.