Comal County’s Vaccine Standby List Reopens at 10 a.m. Monday
Comal County said today it will reopen its vaccine standby list at 10 a.m. on Monday, March 8 for residents who meet Texas’ Phase 1A and 1B criteria.
The link to sign up is www.co.comal.tx.us.
Residents on the standby list will be contacted to schedule an appointment for the COVID-19 vaccine as the county Health Department receives supply.
When the vaccine standby list opened in January, 12,000 slots were filled within hours.
In a statement, county Public Information Officer Cary Zayas said signing up for the vaccine standby list does not guarantee residents will receive a vaccination.
“Vaccines will be distributed to the public as they are received by Comal County and according to all state-distribution guidelines,” she said. “Residents should continue to look for alternative vaccine locations such as their primary medical provider, larger mass-vaccination hubs and clinics in nearby cities and counties.”
Phase 1A Criteria:
- Health care workers
- Long-term care staff
- EMS providers
- Home health care workers
- Residents of long-term care facilities
- Staff in outpatient care settings who interact with symptomatic patients
- Direct-care staff in freestanding emergency medical-care facilities and urgent-care clinics
- Community pharmacy staff
- Public health and emergency-response staff directly involved in administration of COVID testing and vaccinations
- Responders who provide mortuary or death services
- School nurses who provide health care to students and teachers
- Effective immediately, Texas teachers are eligible along with school staff, Headstart program staff and child care staff
Phase 1B Criteria and Vaccine Priorities
- People 65 and up
- People 16 years-of-age and older with at least one chronic medical condition that puts them at risk for severe illness from the virus that causes COVID-19. This includes those with cancer; chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD); heart conditions like heart failure, coronary artery disease or cardiomyopathies; solid organ transplantation; obesity and severe obesity (body mass index of 30kg/m-squared or higher); pregnancy, sickle-cell disease; and type 2 diabetes mellitus.
firstname.lastname@example.org Stayy at Lake Pointe Resort, Canyon Lake TX with Neal Clair Telford. 81 Winter Texan from Iowa. Has Heart stints and High blood pressure. Phase 1a application.
Female, 77, Winter Texan from Minnesota, under Mayo Clinic Lacrosse, Wisconsin care, multipal Health issues inclufing one kidney. Phase 1a should appo.
Hello I am 63 and having prostate cancer operation on March 18th how come I can’t get a Covid-19 Shot?