Comal ISD Students Can Now Pick Up Personal Items
Comal ISD said today it has formalized plans for parents to recover their students’ school supplies, artwork, musical instruments, athletic gear and medications from campuses.
“Our focus is on returning your child’s items in a manner that ensures the safety of students, parents and staff,” the district said on its website.
From May 4 to May 15: Canyon Lake High School, Mountain Valley Middle School, Startz Elementary School, and Mountain Valley Elementary School. Canyon Lake High School and Mountain Valley Middle School also are scheduled for May 11.
Advanced-placement (AP) students are encouraged to pick up exam materials between May 4 and May 8. Canyon Lake High School seniors can pick up graduation orders on May 4. Smithson Valley High School seniors are scheduled for May 12.
Before leaving the house, parents/guardians are urged to:
- Bag items to be returned that are not needed for the Residence Learning Program. Do not put library books in the bag.
- Secondary students should bag district-issued items by program and label the outside of the bag with student’s first and last names and identification number.
- Clear a space in the trunk or back seat where items will be placed. Place a drop-off bag or library books in the same location.
- Create a window sign with student information.
- Limit the number of people in the vehicle.
Upon arrival at campus:
- Hang tags on the mirror or place paper on the windshield with student’s name and grade level.
- Follow traffic flow and directional signs.
- Keep windows rolled up.
- Do not get out of cars.
- Open trunks or unlock back doors.
- If needed, stop at drop-off station to return campus items and/or at nurse’s station to receive medications.
For more information click here.