Commissioners Court May 19 agenda
Here’s the agenda for May 19 Comal County Commissioners’ Court meeting:
NOTICE is hereby given that a REGULAR meeting of COMMISSIONERS COURT will be held on Thursday, May 19, 2016 at 8:30 AM in the Commissioners Courtroom, 100 Main Plaza, New Braunfels, Texas. You may visit our website at www.co.comal.tx.us for agenda postings.
Before each regular session will be an invocation and pledges to the flags. All persons in attendance are invited to participate or not at their own personal discretion.
CALL TO ORDER:
8:30 AM ACTION AGENDA:
The following subjects will be discussed, considered, and acted upon:
- Approve Claims.
- Proclamation Recognizing the 50th Anniversary of the Canyon Lake Dam.
- Proclamation recognizing Brenda Anderson-Lindemann, recipient of the Frederick Frueholz, Jr. Historic Preservation Award.
- Proclamation naming May 2016 as Community Action Month in Comal County.
- Proclamation recognizing May 15-21, 2016 as National Police Week in Comal County.
- Discuss and consider acceptance of a check donation from Canyon Lake Little League in the amount of $3,780 to be deposited into line item 010-041-5615.
- Retirement Recognition of Juanita Ayala for over twenty-five years of service to the Comal County Department of Public Safety and to the citizens of Comal County.
- Retirement Recognition of Sylvia Cunningham for over eighteen years of service to the Comal County Sheriff’s Office and to the citizens of Comal County.
- Citizens’ Comments. (Citizens’ Comments are limited to three minutes per person. Pursuant to the Texas Open Meetings Act, the Court is limited in its ability to respond to Citizens’ Comments.)
- Reports by County Staff and Elected Officials on items of Community interest.
ACTION AGENDA CONTINUED:
- Discuss and consider acknowledging the completion of private road construction and private storm water drainage improvements within Vintage Oaks at the Vineyard, Unit 10, and releasing the associated surety, Construction Bond #1118546; or direct County Engineer to take appropriate action. (Pct. 1)
- Discuss and consider approval of the Amendment to Plat of Stallion Springs, Unit 1, combining Lots 106 and 107, establishing Lot 106R; and authorize County Judge to sign. (Pct. 4)
- Discuss and consider approval of a Resolution Relating to Establishing the County’s Intention to Reimburse Itself for the Prior Lawful Expenditure of Funds from the Proceeds of Tax-Exempt Obligations to be issued by the County for Authorized Purposes; Authorizing Other Matters Incident and Related Thereto; and Providing an Effective Date.
- Discuss and consider approval of Tax Assessor-Collector’s Monthly Collection Report – April 2016.
- Discuss and consider approval of Fiscal Year 2016 Certified Local Government Grant Contract TX-16-022 between Comal County and the Texas Historical Commission, and authorize County Judge to sign.
- Discuss and consider appointing the following members to the Comal County Historical Commission Board of Directors:
- Robert Farias, and
- Estella Farias.
- Discuss and consider approval of a line item transfer in Tax Assessor-Collector in the amount of $ 475.00, FROM: Overtime, TO: Copier lease & maintenance, for the lease of new Xerox copier at the new Bulverde office.
- Discuss and consider approval of a budget amendment in the amount of $20,000, FROM: General Fund Reserves, TO: Recycling – Disposal Costs, to cover price increase from Waste Management.
- In accordance with Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code, Subchapter D, Commissioners Court may convene in a closed session to discuss any of the following items; any final action or vote taken will be in public.
- (A) Deliberate and consider the purchase, exchange, lease or value of real property, in accordance with Section 551.072, of the Texas Government Code.
- (B) Deliberate issues regarding economic development negotiations in accordance with Section 551.087, of the Texas Government Code.
- (C) Deliberate pending/ contemplated litigation, settlement offer(s), and matters concerning privileged and unprivileged client information deemed confidential by Rule 1.05 of the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct in accordance with Section 551.071, of the Texas Government Code.
- NOTE: Commissioners Court reserves the right to retire into executive session concerning any of the items listed on this Agenda whenever it is considered necessary and legally justified under the Open Meetings Act (Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code).
- NOTE: Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who may need auxiliary aids or services such as interpreters for persons who are deaf or hearing impaired, readers, or large print, are requested to contact the Commissioners Court Office at 221-1107 at least two
(2) days prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made.