County Adds 48 New Cases of COVID-19, Total Jumps Overnight from 298 to 346
The number of confirmed and probable cases of COVID-19 in Comal County jumped overnight from 298 to 346. bringing the positivity rate to 7.11 percent.
In a statement today, the county reportedd 40 new cases of the virus and an additional eight probable cases on Friday.
Of the 48 new cases, 44 are residents of the New Braunfels area, two are Bulverde/Spring Branch-area residents, one lives in Schertz and another south of Canyon Lake.
Ages range from under 18 to their 60s.
The county also confirmed nine more recoveries from COVID-19, for a total of 166. With seven deaths, the county now has 173 active confirmed and probable COVID-19 cases. The county also confirmed three additional hospitalizations, bringing the total to eight.
- 4,869 tests conducted
- 280 confirmed cases
- 66 probable cases
Comal County’s positivity rate – the percentage of tests with a positive result – is now 7.11%, up from 6.27% on Friday and 4.77% one week ago. It’s the highest rate Comal County has seen since April 23.
- 263 from the New Braunfels area, including eastern and central Comal County
- 39 from western Comal County, including Bulverde and Spring Branch
- 17 from north of Canyon Lake, including Fischer
- 14 from south of Canyon Lake
- 11 from southern Comal County, including Garden Ridge and Schertz
- 2 from Fair Oaks Ranch
Residents wishing to be tested for COVID-19 can call the county’s dedicated hotline, 830-221-1120, between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Probable case definition
“Probable cases” is a category established by the Texas Department of State Health Services to describe those who do not have a positive PCR test for COVID-19, but meet two of the following three criteria:
- A positive quick-result antigen test
- Experiencing COVID-19 symptoms
- Close contact with a confirmed positive COVID-19 case
A probable case is treated identically to a confirmed case and counts toward the county’s positivity rate and total case tally.
Leave a Comment