County Announces Further Closures, Restrictions
While stressing there are currently zero confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Comal County, county officials today announced additional closures and restrictions to offices and services but added they are not recommending potential closure or cancellation of public events or gatherings.
• The District Clerk’s Office has closed to foot traffic except for those with business before the court on the day of that business. Passport processing has been suspended. Call 830-221-1250 with questions.
• All visits with the Veteran Services Office must be by appointment only until further notice. Call 830-221-1170 to make an appointment.
• CPS court is postponing most hearings until after April 1; however, emergency and other hearings deemed essential will take place as scheduled. Clients should consult their attorneys to determine the status of their case.
• All child support cases through the state Attorney General’s Office are postponed until at least April 1.
The Comal County’s Public Health hotline for coronavirus- and COVID-19-releated questions or concerns is 830-221-1120.
• All four justices of the peace have suspended court proceedings until further notice.
• The district courts have postponed their jury dockets for this week.
• Comal County Court-at-Law No. 1 has postponed its dockets this week and next.
• Comal County Court-at-Law No. 2 has postponed its criminal dockets this week and next.
• The Comal County Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service has canceled all in-person events and meetings for this week.
• The Comal County Sheriff’s Office has taken a number of steps, including suspending in-person visitation at the jail and fingerprinting services and postponing the Citizens Sheriff Academy.
• The Comal County Tax Office has taken steps to keep customers six feet apart in its lobby, so residents who are paying property taxes or registering vehicles are asked to do so online to keep down wait times, and those needing to transfer a vehicle title are asked to make an appointment by calling 830-221-1353. To pay online, visit www.comalcountytaxoffice.net.