County Confirms Six New COVID-19 Deaths, Reports 57 New Cases
Five more south side Canyon Lake residents tested positive for COVID-19, Comal County said in a press release today.
The county added another 52 cases and reported six new COVID-19 deaths.
Comal County’s positivity rate is now 18.34 percent, up from 18.08 percent on Tuesday and 16.05 percent one week ago.
- A man in his 80s died July 11 at Sodalis Senior Living in New Braunfels; the death was reported Tuesday to the Office of Public Health.
- Two women, one in her 70s and one in her 80s, died Thursday at Colonial Manor in New Braunfels.
- A woman in her 60s died Friday at Colonial Manor.
- A man in his 90s died Friday at Kirkwood Manor in New Braunfels.
- A woman in her 70s from Kirkwood Manor died Tuesday in a New Braunfels hospital.
Eleven residents of Kirkwood Manor and six residents of Colonial Manor have died since the COVID-19 pandemic began. The Heights of Bulverde has reported eight deaths, and Sodalis Senior Living, River Gardens and Legend Oaks have reported one death apiece.
Of the newly reported cases, 26 are confirmed and 31 are probable; 38 are New Braunfels-area residents, 12 are from the Bulverde/Spring Branch area, five live south of Canyon Lake, and two are from the Garden Ridge area. Twelve are younger than 30, 20 are in their 30s or 40s, 16 are in their 50s or 60s, and nine are older than 70.
The county also confirmed 130 more recoveries from COVID-19, for a total of 706. With 43 deaths, the county now has 1,055 active confirmed and probable COVID-19 cases, a decline of 79 from Tuesday. Of those, 74 are hospitalized, an increase of seven.
As of Wednesday morning, Public Health has received reports of the following test information:
- 9,837 tests conducted
- 1,406 confirmed cases
- 398 probable cases
Of the 1,804 confirmed and probable COVID-19 cases in Comal County, the location breakdown is:
- 1,346 from the New Braunfels area, including eastern and central Comal County
- 275 from western Comal County, including Bulverde and Spring Branch
- 97 from south of Canyon Lake
- 40 from north of Canyon Lake, including Fischer
- 39 from southern Comal County, including Garden Ridge and Schertz
- 7 from Fair Oaks Ranch
Probable Case Definition
“Probable cases” is a category established by the Texas Department of State Health Services to describe those who do not have a positive PCR test for COVID-19, but meet two of the following three criteria:
- A positive quick-result antigen test
- Experiencing COVID-19 symptoms
- Close contact with a confirmed positive COVID-19 case
A probable case is treated identically to a confirmed case and counts toward the county’s positivity rate and total case tally.