County Reports 19 New Cases of COVID-19 on Wednesday
Comal County reported 19 new cases of COVID-19 today.
Thirteen are confirmed and six are probable. Fourteen of the residents who tested positive live in New Braunfels, one lives in the Garden Ridge area, three live in Bulverde/Spring Branch and another in Fair Oaks.
Two are in their 20s, five are in their 30s or 40s, five are in their 50s or 60s and seven are older than 70.
The seven-day positivity rate for Wednesday is 8.526 percent.
In a statement, the county said its received reports of 74 more recoveries and has 386 active, confirmed-and-probable COVID-19 cases. Fifty-six people are hospitalized. Four Comal County hosptals are caring for 11 COVID-19 patients. Of those, four are in intensive-care beds and two are on ventilators.
- 20,806 tests conducted
- 2,395 confirmed cases
- 629 probable cases
Of the 3,024 confirmed and probable COVID-19 cases
- 2,305 are in New Braunfels area
- 410 are in western Comal County, including Bulverde and Spring Branch
- 141 are south of Canyon Lake
- 84 are north of Canyon Lake
- 75 are in southern Comal County, including Garden Ridge and Schertz
- 9 are in Fair Oaks Ranch.
Probable Case Definition
“Probable cases” is a category established by the Texas Department of State Health Services to describe those who do not have a positive PCR test for COVID-19, but meet two of the following three criteria:
- A positive quick-result antigen test
- Experiencing COVID-19 symptoms
- Close contact with a confirmed positive COVID-19 case
A probable case is treated identically to a confirmed case and counts toward the county’s positivity rate and total case tally.
Leave a Comment