Dam Red Barn Plans Chili & Cornbread Cook-Off to Raise Funds for CRRC
Who will win the coveted People’s Choice Award at the Dam Red Barn’s 1st Annual Chili & Cornbread Cook-Off at 2 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 31?
That depends on members of the public who pay $15 to decide which batch has the best taste, consistency, aroma, and bite at the fundraiser, which benefits the Community Resource and Recreation Center of Canyon Lake’s (CRRC) food pantry and Coats for Kids.
“We want to raise money, non-perishable food items, and coats for kids just in time for Thanksgiving,” said Tracy Scott, who co-owns Dam Red Barn with Angie Brashear. “We love living in Canyon Lake and love giving back to this community even more. Come out and help us give back.”
Chili and cornbread will be served between 2 and 5:30 p.m.
Donations to the food pantry also will be accepted at the event.
The chili competition costs $40 to enter. There is no fee for cornbread.
Conditions of Entry include:
- Provide your own tables, chairs and tent (if you want to).
- Bring your own cooking source (eg propane grill). No electricity is provided.
- Chili should be prepared in advance and kept at a safe temperature during the event.
- Dam Red Barn will provide tasting cups, spoons and napkins.
- Set up is between noon and 2 p.m.
- Bring at least four gallons of chili.
- Cornbread should be turned in by 3 p.m.
For more information follow the Dam Red Barn, 16520 South Access Rd., Canyon Lake, on Facebook or call 830-964-3276.
Leave a Comment