Discover Area Parks This July
This July, discover the power of play as City of New Braunfels Parks and Recreation Department celebrates Park and Recreation Month, an initiative of the National Recreation and Park Association (NRPA).
The initiative recognizes all the ways parks and recreation transform lives by providing residents and visitors with places to play, get fit, stay healthy, foster new relationships and forge a connection with nature.
“Park and Recreation Month activities encourage everyone to reflect on the exponential value parks and recreation services bring to our community,” said Kelsey Heiden, Marketing Coordinator. “During the month of July we encourage the community to celebrate with us by getting outdoors to enjoy local parks, playgrounds and recreation services.”
Get out and enjoy the area’s scenic beauty with buy-one, get-one free admission tickets for
* Mondays – Landa Park Paddle Boats
* Tuesdays – Landa Park Miniature Golf
* Wednesdays – Landa Park Aquatic Complex
Residents and visitors also are invited to take an eight-parks-in-31 days-challenge, a “Get Your Play On” Digital Photo Challenge, and a weekly “Selfie in the Park” Contest, encouraging residents to show why play is so important in their lives.
How to participate
Click here for more information on how to participate. Entries can be submitted via Facebook or Instagram using the hashtag #GetyourplayonNB. Participants who complete the “Get Your Play On” Digital Photo Challenge will have a photo published in “The Fun Things in Life” Recreation Program Guide and will win a New Braunfels Parks and Recreation swag bag.
#GetyourplayonNB Photo Challenge Hunt Rules
* Before posting, all entries must “FOLLOW” New Braunfels Parks and Recreation Instagram page.
* All entries must be taken in the listed parks and must include a person or persons in the photo. The subject in the photo can be involved in a specific activity or just enjoying the park.
* All entries must be tagged using the hashtag #GetyourplayonNB, from July 1st- July 31st (11:59 PM CST).
* All entries must include the name of the park in which it the picture was taken.
* To be entered each participant must enter one (1) image per New Braunfels Park on the challenge list.
The contest is open to all participants regardless of residency. To complete the challenge participants must enter one (1) image per park on the challenge list tagged with the hashtag #GetyourplayonNB within the time frame listed. When posting using Instagram, all entries must “FOLLOW” New Braunfels Parks and Recreation Instagram page. Families who complete the challenge will be announced New Braunfels Parks and Recreation Facebook and Instagram Pages www.facebook.com/nbparks & @NewBraunfelsParks
Selfie in the Park Contest #GetyourplayonNB
Get outside, visit a park and snap a selfie, upload it to Instagram or facebook using hashtag #getyourplayonNB from July 1 to July 31. Participants will be eligible to win one of the weekly prizes below.
Click here to download the 2017 Selfie in the Park details and rules.
“Selfie in the Park” participants are eligible to win weekly prizes:
• July 3-9: Selfie getting your play on while celebrating Independence Day!
• July 10-16: Selfie getting your play on at any park playground!
• July 17-23: Selfie getting your play on in the water!
• July 24-30: Selfie getting your play on in nature!
• July 3-9: Two Landa Park Mini Golf Annual Passes
• July 10-16: One Family Fun Campout Registration
• July 17-23: Four Landa Park Aquatic Complex Day Passes
• July 24-30: Nature Gift Basket from the Fischer Park Nature Education Center
Get out and enjoy eight parks in 31 days — if that’s too easy, New Braunfels has other parks to try.
Fischer Park, 1935 Hilltop Summit Road, New Braunfels TX 78130
Landa Park, 110 Golf Course Road, New Braunfels TX 78130
Morningside Park, 3737 Morningside Drive, New Braunfels, TX 78132
Cypress Bend Park, 503 Peace Avenue, New Braunfels, TX 78130
Kraft Park, 1680 Anna Lee Drive, New Braunfels, TX 78130
Haymarket Park, 705 Comal Avenue, New Braunfels, TX 78130
Ernest Eikel Park , 250 South Grape Avenue, New Braunfels, TX 78130
Jesse Garcia Park, 2580 Katy Street, New Braunfels, TX 78130
The City of New Braunfels owns over 550 acres of park land that consists of developed parks and open space providing a wide variety of recreational opportunities to meet leisure needs.
Use this park finder map to view the New Braunfels Parks System on a map.
Park Rentals and Reservations
Are you interested in booking one of our park facilities? Click here for information on park rentals.
Click here to check out park development projects for new parks and updates to existing parks in New Braunfels.
National Parks and Recreation Month is sponsored by The NRPA is a national not-for-profit organization dedicated to ensuring that all Americans have access to
parks and recreation for health, conservation and social equity. Through its network of nearly 60,000 recreation-and-park professionals and advocates, NRPA promotes healthy and active lifestyles and equitable access to parks and public space. For more information, visit www.nrpa.org.
For further information about National Park and Recreation Month activities, call the Parks and Recreation Department at 830-221-4350 or visit www.nbtexas.org/parks.