DSHS Posts List of All COVID-19 Vaccine Providers in Comal, Guadalupe Counties
Volunteers with Comal County’s COVID-19 call center are reaching out today to schedule vaccine appointments for another 2,000 residents on the county’s standby list, which is currently closed.
Comal County Public Information Officer Cary Zayas said anyone who misses a call should keep pressing “redial” until getting through on the busy line.
Last week, 4,000 residents received the first of two COVID-19 vaccinations required for complete immunization.
Guadalupe County in early February closed its registration for the vaccine due to demand. Call volume to the county’s phone system was so high it crashed the system.
On Facebook today, Texas’ Department of State Health Services (DSHS) suggests visiting dshs.texas.gov/covidvaccine/#where to find a vaccine provider. Those without internet access can call 2-1-1 for referral to a local vaccine provider.
“The number of Texans getting their vaccine is increasing quickly,” an administrator posted. “Vaccine supply is still limited, however, and there’s currently not enough for everyone who wants one. It’ll take time to vaccinate these first groups of people but Texas gets more vaccine each week.”
DSHS said Spring 2021 is the state’s best estimate of when vaccine wil be available to the general public.
List of All Providers
According to information posted to its website, these facilities also are providing local vaccines, although not all providers are vaccinating the public or people in all priority groups.
- New Braunfels Rural Health Clinic
- H-E-B Pharmacy 622 in Spring Branch
- H-E-B Pharmacy 415 in Schertz/Guadalupe County
- H-E-B Pharmacy 380 in New Braunfels
- Susan L Boullioun MD Family Practice in Seguin/Guadalupe County
- Kellum Family Medicine in Schertz/Guadalupe County
- Madison D Lowry MD in New Braunfels
- PAM Specialty Hospital of New Braunfels
- Centro Med Union Avenue in New Braunfels
- Aspg DBA Christus Promptu Urgent Care in New Braunfels
- Resolute Health in New Braunfels
- Seguin Family Health Center in Seguin/Guadalupe County
- Briggs Family Medicine in New Braunfels
- Christus Trinity Clinic Hill Country Landa
- Mercy Wellness Clinic in Spring Branch
- Brookshire Brothers Pharmacy 79 in Canyon Lake
- Public Health Department in Comal County
- Christus Santa Rosa in New Braunfels
CVS, Brookshire Brothers, HEB & Walgreens
Meanwhile, registration for vaccines at the CVS Pharmacy in Startzville/Canyon Lake opens tomorrow, Feb. 9. Vaccines will be administered beginning Thursday, Feb. 11. Brookshire Brothers has temporarily suspended its COVID-19 vaccine waiting lists in Texas due to limited availability of the vaccine.
“We’ve recently received a more in-depth look into the state of Texas’ plan to continue providing large immunization hugs with the majority of its COVID-19 supplies, which means it will likely be awhile before Brookshire Brothers receive additional allocations,” the company said in a press release.
H-E-B said some of its pharmacies recently received a limited quantity of the Moderna vaccine and will continue to move into vaccinating people in Phase IB after its receives more allocation of COVID-19 vaccines from the state. The COVID-19 vaccine is currently not available to the general public.
In a press release, Walgreens said last week it will provide a limited number of COVID-19 vaccines through the Federal Retail Pharmacy program. Texas is not one of the states scheduled for vaccines under this program but is included in medically underserved areas and areas with a high social-vulnerability index score.
Supply is limited and COVID-19 vaccines from Walgreens will only be available to eligible individuals by appointment during Phase I.
As of Friday, Jan. 29, Walgreens administered more than 1.5 million COVID-19 vaccinations across long-term care facilities, including skilled nursing and assisted-living facilities and other vulnerable populations identified as part of state and local jurisdiction plans.
In a press release, the company said vaccines will be available in all of its 9,000 store locations once they become available for mass administration.
“We will continuously expand access as more vaccines are approved and vaccine inventory grows, and are looking to the spring for mass availability,” Walgreens said.
Vaccines at both CVS and Walgreens stores are by appointment only. Both companies are managing registration for the vaccines on their websites.
Eligibility is determined by the Texas Department of Health Services, which currently limits the vaccine to Phase 1A, frontline healthcare workers and residents of long-term care facilities, and those in Phase 1B, which includes:
- People ages 65 up
- Those 16 years or older with a health condition that increases the risk of severe COVID-19 illness including cancer, chronic kidney disease, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, Down Syndrome, heart conditions, organ transplantation, obesity, pregnancy, sickle-cell disease and Type 2 diabetes
Want only Johnson and Johnson vaccines
Where can I sight up the them
I am 82 yrs old cardiac problems type 2 diabetes
73 and work with teachers and administrators
My wife and I are 74 and 75. We need the vaccine because we are trying to get back to Argentina where live and do missions work. My wife has high blood pressure
Need COVID vaccine 72 yr old female autoimmune