Comal County Commissioners Court Meeting
8:30 a.m. Action Agenda:
The following subjects will be discussed, considered, and acted upon:
1. Approve Claims.
2. Proclamation recognizing April 30th to May 7th, 2017 as Soil and Water Stewardship Week in Comal County.
1. Citizens’ Comments. (Citizens’ Comments are limited to three minutes per person. Pursuant to the Texas Open Meetings Act, the Court is limited in its ability to respond to Citizens’ Comments.)
2. Presentation of the Public Health March 2017 Report.
3. Reports by County Staff and Elected Officials on items of Community interest.
Action Agenda Continued:
1. Discuss and consider granting a request from the City of Bulverde for a variance from the 2nd Amended Interlocal Agreement between Comal County and City of Bulverde for Subdivision Regulation within the Extraterritorial Jurisdiction of the City of Bulverde, concerning locations of underground utilities within public road rights-of-way in the proposed Preserve at Singing Hills, Units 2 and 4. (Pct. 2)
2. Discuss and consider approval of the Amendment to Plat of Clear Water Estates Subdivision, Unit I, Combining Lots 29A, 29B, 29C, and 29D, establishing Lot 29AR. (Pct. 4)
3. Discuss and consider approval of the Amendment to Plat of Rebecca Creek Park, Revised First Filing, combining Lots 4 and 5 of Block 12, establishing Lot 4R. (Pct. 4)
4. Discuss and consider approval of the Amendment to Plats combining Lot 242 of The Legends at Rancho Del Lago, Unit 3, with Lot 243R of the Amendment to Plat of The Legends at Rancho Del Lago, Unit 3, establishing Lot 242R. (Pct. 4)
5. Discuss and consider approval of Amendment #1 to the Alamo Area Council of Governments Solid Waste Interlocal Agreement #17-18-06 and authorize County Judge to sign.
6. Discuss and consider approval of the 2017 Comal County Parks Maintenance and Improvement Committee recommendations for parks funding.
7. DISCUSS AND CONSIDER APPROVAL OF A RESOLUTION BY THE COMMISSIONERS COURT OF COMAL COUNTY, TEXAS AUTHORIZING AND CREATING THE GROVE PUBLIC IMPROVEMENT DISTRICT; AUTHORIZING AND DIRECTING PUBLICATION OF THE RESOLUTION; MAKING CERTAIN FINDINGS RELATIVE TO THE IMPROVEMENTS THAT ARE A RESULT FROM THE DISTRICT; PROVIDING FOR MATTERS RELATED THERETO; AND PROVIDING AN EFFECTIVE DATE.
8. Discuss and consider approval of Tax Assessor-Collector’s Monthly Collection Report – March 2017.
9. Discuss and consider refunds (over $2,500.00) of ad valorem tax overpayments or erroneous payments and authorize the Comal County Tax Assessor-Collector to remit refund payments.
10. Discuss and consider approval of TAC Health and Employee Benefits Pool ACA Reporting and Tracking Service (ARTS) 2017 Renewal Confirmation Program Agreement and authorize County Judge to sign.
11. Discuss and consider increasing the hourly wage of the Presiding Judge in an election from $10 per hour to $12 per hour, Alternate Judge from $10 per hour to $11 per hour, to be effective immediately.
12. Discuss and consider acceptance of the Financial Statements for the Fiscal Year ending August 31, 2016 from the Community Supervision and Corrections Department pursuant to Local Government Code, Section 140.004.
13. Discuss and consider approval of Reclassification of Range Master (LE11-12) to Sergeant (LE11-12). No budget amendment necessary.
14. Discuss and consider approval of a line-item transfer for JP#1, Fire Marshall and Tax Office, FROM: Office Supplies, TO: Copier Lease & Maintenance to cover increased copier lease expenditures due to copier lease renewals.
15. Discuss and consider approval of a budget amendment, FROM: General Fund Reserves, TO: Contract Services: City of New Braunfels in the amount of $1,000,000.00, to provide funding for the Interlocal Cost Sharing Agreement for future TXDOT Loop 337 improvements.