National Public Lands Day
Do You Love the Great Outdoors? Do you enjoy birding, hiking, camping or swimming?
Then don’t take nature for granted!
Help the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers celebrate National Public Lands Day by improving Canyon Lake’s Guadalupe, Overlook Park and Horse trails. This year’s focus is cleaning waterways, repairing facilities and improving trails.
Activities include trimming vegetation, creating erosion control, amphitheater maintenance, waterway cleanup, shoreline cleanup, fishing pier care, and other projects.
Divers also needed to clean the lake bottom.
- One free Day Use Park pass, good nationally
- Lunch on Saturday after service project
- Camping for weekend, (2 nights — fee waived)
- Access to all Day Use parks for weekend (fee waived)
- Bragging rights that you helped care for a national park.
Registration deadline is Sept. 12. Click here for form.
You can view pictures from last year’s event HERE.