glue-k-lisher faht-er tahk
Now that you know how to pronounce Glücklicher Vatertag, start planning for Father’s Day in Canyon Lake and New Braunfels.
Here are a few suggestions:
- Does dad like to fish? The city of New Braunfels just posted this link to a fly-casting magazine that offers gift ideas.
- Over at New Braunfels Farmers Market this Saturday and Sunday you’ll find a “man boxes” by Hemp 360, leather belts from Amend Leather and Ink, and hand-crafted pens.
- Biker dads and their families can enjoy a fish fry over at Gruene Harley-Davidson. First 50 dads get a goodie bag!
- Do Dad’s Day Differently. Treat that hardworking, loving dad in your life to a filet mignon at twilight this Thursday, Friday, or Saturday night at The River House. Dads, you deserve it!
- Meanwhile, over at Old River City Cafe, dad, mom and kids can enjoy live music and a wonderful pork chop special! Bourbon Apple Crisp for dessert.
- Let him pick out his own present. It’s Gruene Market Days weekend. Gruene Hall optional.
- “Such a book has never been written!” Let dad ride the trails of cowboys who lived in Gruene and the surrounding area. The Gruene Cowboy is full of authentic, first-hand accounts by trail drivers in Central Texas. Worried that other old-timers would soon die, taking their colorful accounts of the Wild West with them to their graves, in 1915 the Old Time Trail Riders Association gathered these stories from aging Texans who as young men and women “went up the trail with cattle or horses between 1865 and 1896.” Available at Cotton Eyed Joe’s and Hunter’s Junction in Gruene. To order online or learn more about the book on thegruenecowboy.com, click here.
- Take him over to Opa’s German Store for the ultimate in Deutsche swag. Owner Ken Armke is widely considered the world’s leading authority on beer steins — and also sells Wurstfest ones from years-gone-by. Bavarian cuckoo clocks are fun, too, along with German hats for the few cold Texas months.
- It’s BOGO over at Whitewater Amphitheater. Buy one ticket to see musician Ryan Bingham and get another free ticket for dad.
I have enjoyed your postings on MyCanyonLake. I a member of Comal Master Gardener Association which functions under the hospice of Texas A&M AgriLife Extension. We have annual Open House event , usually in late spring. We offer learning and fun activities for children and educational opportunities for adults in our demonstration garden. Would I be able to submit a notice of an Open House to MyCanyonLake and if so how soon in advance of the event should I do this ? Thank you.