JBSA Canyon Lake Moves to Peak-Season Hours, Celebrates April with Kites and the Easter Bunny
Joint Base San Antonio (JBSA) Canyon Lake moves to peak-season hours on Thursday, April 1 — just in time for the Easter Bunny to visit Hancock Cove’s main office for photos.
Easter goodies will be distributed from 11 a.m to 1 p.m. on Sunday. Reservations are not required.
JBSA also will hand out kites to people in the first 50 vehicles that pass through the gate each Saturday in April, which is kite month.
Click here to visit JBSA’s Canyon Lake website.
New Hours and Rules
Hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mondays through Thursdays. Last entry is at 5 p.m. Park closes at 6 p.m. Everyone must be out at close.
Fridays through Sundays the park is open fro 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. The park closes at 7 p.m.
Current restrictions include:
- Must have an ID card holder who is 18 years or older in each vehicle. Only DoD ID cards accepted.
- Group size is limited to no more than 10 people, including the sponsor. Groups of over 10 people will be dispersed.
- Visitors miust bring their own towels, toiletries and linens for rental units.
- Check-in for tent sites, RV sites and lodging runs from 1 to 7 p.m. Late check-in is not allowed.
- Face masks must be worn when interacting with staff, in common buildings like the office, and when entering the park at the gates. If social distancing at six-feet-apart is not possible, masks are mandatory.
- Guest lists must be submitted prior to making reservations. JBSA has a capacity limit and reservations count against it.
The JBSA Recreation Park at Canyon Lake provides a wide variety of recreational activities that allow for outdoor fun on a year-round basis. The recreation park consists of 250 acres of the most beautiful lakefront property in the area. The park provides many different lodging, camping, equipment and activity options to ensure everyone has a great adventure in the outdoors. The park is open 365 days out of the year.
Authorized users include active-duty, National Guard, reservists, retired military, 0-100% DAV, Purple-Heart recipients, former POW, veteran caregivers, DoD civilians and sponsored guests.
Why do you not include 4 year veterans? U.S.Navy 1963-67