JOB OPENING: Park Ranger, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
Park Ranger, for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
This is a Park Ranger, GS-0025-04, Summer Hire position for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Fort Worth District, located in Canyon Lake, Comal County, Texas.
- Patrols an assigned area to detect encroachment, unauthorized use, timber-cutting, vandalism, fire detection, theft, safety hazards, littering, etc.
- Provides information to visitors regarding recreation facilities and aids them in selecting areas suitable to their needs and desires.
- Carries out fire prevention activities by observing and reporting conditions; instructing visitors on hazards, regulations, and restrictions; issues warnings and reports violations.
- Participates as a team member in efforts to control fires on the Government-owned land.
- Responsible for observing all safety rules, regulations, and directives applicable to the work assignments.
Conditions of Employment
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- Tour of duty will include weekend and holiday work.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid Driver’s License.
- Moving expenses and temporary housing will not be provided.
To apply, you must complete the online questionnaire, and submit the required documents.
- Click for details, including qualifications, education, how applicants will be evaluated, required documents, and how to apply.
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.