JOB OPENING: Water Oriented Recreation District Street Teamer/ Horseshoe Attendant
Street Teamer/ Horseshoe Attendant
Personnel for the Water Oriented Recreation District of Comal County (WORD)
Reports To: The Street Teamer/ Horseshoe Attendant will report to the WORD Operations Manager.
Job Overview: A Street Teamer/ Horseshoe Attendant will assist with outdoor recreation projects, marketing, and other activities and projects to promote keeping the waterways clean. The Street Teamer/ Horseshoe Attendant must be able to work 8 – 10 hours a day on Saturdays, Sundays, and summer holidays from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Attend and assist in water safety events.
- Monitor and post on social media networks.
- Assist in anti-litter campaign
- Assist in weekend activities such as data collection, educating visitors, and other duties that may arise.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to attend training days (May 21 & May 22).
- Work every weekend and holiday from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to lift and navigate a kayak/canoe.
- Must be able to swim.
- Must be able to stand for up to 6 hours outside during the summer.
- Eager to leam and work on various outdoor and office projects.
- College-level student or recent graduate.
Pay rate: S12/ hour
Employment duration: May – September
If interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org a copy of your resume and a cover letter.