26th Annual 4th of July Parade
The 100-degree heat index didn’t stop Canyon Lake residents from lining up along FM 2673 this morning to cheer participants in the 26th Annual 4th of July Parade, sponsored by Startzville Memorial VFW Post 8800.
Over 46 dignitaries, individuals and organizations paraded down FM 2673 from Old Cranes Mill Road and through downtown Startzville before finishing at the VFW.
Startz Cafe catered a barbeque lunch afterwards, where VFW announced winners of this year’s parade contest.
Parade Contest Winners
- Business Decorations: First place, Liquors of the Lake. Second place, Carpenters. Third place, Garden Party.
- Civic: First place, Jeep Club. Second place, Canyon Lake Republican Women. Third place, Roadrunners Club of Canyon Lake.
- Commercial: First place, Ace Hardware. Second place, McDonald’s of Canyon Lake. Third place, Anderson Properties & Canyon Lake Custom Builders.
- Church & School: First place, Troop 2222. Second place, Canyon Lake Youth Soccer. Third place, Canyon Lake Youth Hawks.
- Individual: First place, Uncle Sam’s Patriotic Pontooner’s Group. Second place, VFW 8573. Third place, Fred Rider for Sheriff.
Hill Country REACT, a volunteer group that helps charities manage big events, applied ham-radio expertise to stage participants beginning at 9 a.m. on Old Cranes Mill Road.
Leave a Comment