June 12: 10 New, 7 More Probable Cases of COVID-19 Reported in Comal County
Comal County yesterday confirmed 10 new and seven additional probable cases of COVID-19, pushing Comal County’s positivity rate up more than one percentage point since the beginning of the week.
The increase in positive cases, both confirmed and probable, has moved the county’s positivity rate — the percentage of cases with a positive result — up to 4.47 percent, its highest since May 20.
Of the 10 confirmed cases, seven are New Braunfels-area residents ranging in age from under 18 to their 50s. Three are eastern Comal County residents in their 20s and 50s.
Of the seven probable cases, six are New Braunfels residents in their 20s and 30s, and one is an eastern Comal County resident in their 20s.
The county also confirmed six more recoveries from COVID-19, for a total of 121. With seven deaths, the county now has 48 active confirmed and probable COVID-19 cases, four of them hospitalized.
- 3,939 tests conducted
- 151 confirmed cases
- 25 probable cases
- 101 (83 confirmed, 18 probable) from New Braunfels or the immediate area
- 16 confirmed from north of Canyon Lake
- 15 confirmed from the Bulverde area
- 15 (11 confirmed, 4 probable) from eastern Comal County
- 8 (7 confirmed, 1 probable) from south of Canyon Lake
- 8 (6 confirmed, 2 probable) confirmed from the Spring Branch area
- 3 confirmed from Garden Ridge
- 3 confirmed from central Comal County
- 3 confirmed from southwest Comal County
- 2 confirmed from Fair Oaks Ranch
- 1 confirmed from Schertz
- 1 confirmed from the Fischer area
Residents wishing to be tested for COVID-19 can call the county’s dedicated hotline, 830-221-1120, between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
“Probable cases” is a category established by the Texas Department of State Health Services to describe those who do not have a positive PCR test for COVID-19, but meet two of the following three criteria:
- A positive quick-result antigen test
- Experiencing COVID-19 symptoms
- Close contact with a confirmed positive COVID-19 case