Kiss Mommy Goodbye!
Online enrollment for all Comal ISD students begins July 30 on txConnect, the district’s parent portal that provides parents and guardians with web access to school-related information.
For complete information about how to enroll a pre-K/Kinder, new student or returning student, click here.
Registration categories include:
New Student – Is your child is new to Comal ISD and you have no other students who were previously enrolled with Comal ISD?
Returning Student – Is your child returning to Comal ISD?
Returning Student – Do you already have a child enrolled with Comal ISD and need to add another student for this school year?
Comal ISD’s prekindergarten program is a half-day program located at a central campus in each attendance zone.
To be eligible for enrollment in the state-mandated, half-day, Pre-K program, a child must be four years of age on or before Sept. 1 and meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Be unable to speak and/or comprehend the English language: or
- Be educationally disadvantaged (Qualify for free/reduced lunch);
- Be homeless, as defined by 43 U.S.C. Section 11302; or
- Be the child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States; or
- Be the child of a member of the armed forces of the United States who was injured or killed while serving on active duty; or
- Currently or ever have been in the conservatorship of the Department of Family Protective Services following an adversary hearing under Family Code 262.201; or
- Be the child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award as a peace officer (3106.002), firefighter (3106.003), or emergency medical first responder (3106.004).
What are the Required Documents for registration?
- Official Birth Certificate
- Photo Identification of parent/guardian enrolling student. Acceptable forms of ID include: Driver’s License, Passport, DPS Issued ID Card, or Military ID.
- Child’s Social Security number
- Current immunization record signed by a physician
- One proof of Residency in Comal ISD such as a current electric bill or a copy of lease. Please note that the proof must be dated within 30 days of the start of school.
- Proof of income (check stub must be dated within 60 days if the first day of school)
For pre-kindergarten, morning and afternoon transportation is provided on established routes and at normally scheduled times; mid-day transportation must be arranged by the parent.
Comal ISD offers full-day kindergarten. According to state law, a child who has reached five years of age on or before Sept. 1 of the current school year is eligible to attend kindergarten.
What are the Required Documents for registration?
- Proof of Residency: Mortgage, lease, or bills (cable, home phone, electric, gas, or water) associated with your residence. The proof of residency document must be dated within 30 days of registration.
- Proof of student’s age/identity: Certified birth certificate (required). In case a birth certificate is not available, a passport, school ID card, military ID, hospital birth record, adoption record or church baptismal record is acceptable.
- Proof of parent/guardian identity: Driver’s license, passport, or military ID.
- Immunization Records (required)
- Social Security Card
New Student Enrollment
If you have not already figured out which school a child is zoned for, take a moment to visit the Attendance Zones page under Campuses on ComalISD.org to determine which schools serve an area. Parents and guardians also can use the Bus Route Locator to enter an address and find your child’s school.
Make sure your child is eligible to enroll. All students who reside within the boundaries of the Comal Independent School District are eligible to enroll in district schools.
Children enrolling in the first grade must be six years of age by Sept. 1.
If a child was previously enrolled in Comal ISD at any point in the past, enroll the child using txConnect. Contact the campus the child will attend for assistance retrieving login information for txConnect.
The following documents are required to register any student in Comal schools:
- One proof of residency
- Immunization record from previous school or family doctor
- Unofficial transcript or last report card
- Birth certificate
- Social security number (optional)
- Parents must provide proof of identity and custody papers (if required).
More about txConnect
In addition to enrollment, txConnect is available for parents and students in Comal ISD to monitor academic progress regularly and set up “Alerts.” that notify you via text or email when grades or attendance fall below a certain level. Create your txConnect account to start the enrollment process.
Enrollment for New students will utilize txConnect. txConnect is the district’s parent portal that provides parents and guardians Web access to school-related information about their students including grades, attendance and it is our online registration system.