May 21 Lake & River Conditions
Stay off the rivers! And if you’re wondering about the boat ramps or Canyon Lake water levels, click here.
- Guadalupe River @ Spring Branch (Upper): 599 cfs
- Guadalupe River @ Sattler (Lower): 1640 cfs
- Guadalupe River @ New Braunfels: 1690 cfs
- Canyon Lake Reservoir: 910.26 ft
Guadalupe River Threshold Flow Status:
- Up to 500 cfs Recreational
- 500 – 750 cfs Challenging
- 750 – 1000 cfs Strenuous
- 1000 – 3000 cfs Extreme Caution; Tubing Not Recommended
- 3000+ cfs Dangerous; Guided Rafts Suggested
Comal River Threshold Flow Status:
- 100 – 500 cfs Recreational flow- safe for all activities – tubing open for all levels of swimmers
- 500 – 1000 cfs Use extreme caution – all activities questionable – flows of this magnitude are usually caused by rainfall and involve turbid water and floating debris – contact river outfitters for more information
- 1000 cfs River Closed
For realtime streamflow data at all points along the Guadalupe, click here. For realtime streamflow data on the Comal, click here. For a live webcam of the Comal River, click here. For a live webcam of Canyon Lake, click here.
For more on everything water, visit wordcc.com or gbra.org.