Heavy Rains Lift Comal County’s Burn Ban
Heavy overnight rains lifted Comal County’s burn ban effective 2:30 p.m. Wednesday.
The U.S. National Weather Service Austin-San Antonio reported high rainfall amounts, with the area north of Canyon Lake getting 6.47 inches of rain.
Now allowed are:
- Camp fires (any size)
- Chimineas, fire pits, fire rings
- Burn piles (day or night)
- Burn piles (glowing embers)
- Household waste (day or night in container that contains all sparks and/or flames
- Household waste (not in container that contains all sparks and/or flames)
- Non-wood construction materials
- Rubber, plastics, treated lumber (exceptions are rubber and plastic in household waste)
For more information or to review Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) normal guidelines for outdoor burning, click here.