Register Now! County to Administer 2,000 Vaccines Over Next Two Weeks
Comal County’s Public Health Department and dozens of volunteers are standing by to administer 2,000 COVID-19 vaccines during mass clinics on Thursday, May 6 and on May 19.
To sign up to receive a Moderna vaccine, click here. For more information, visit mycomalcounty.com.
“We have vaccines,” said Public Health Director Cheryl Fraser. “We have students. We have community volunteers. Now we need people to schedule their appointments. There are 1,000 vaccines available each day, and we want to fill every appointment slot that’s available.”
Clinic hours are from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the New Braunfels Civic/Convention Center, 375 S. Castell.
Vaccination Status Report
On Thursday, Fraser told County Commissioners her office has administered 30,000 or 32.98% of the total vaccinations allocated in Comal County. The county has conducted 21 mass-vaccination and four satellite clinics.
The number of people in Comal County with at least one dose of a vaccine is 57,900. Some 38,008 residents are now fully vaccinated.
- The percentage of the population 16 years and older with at least one dose is 43.01%.
- The percentage of the population 16 years and older who are fully vaccinated is 29.35%.
- The percentage of the population 65 years and older vaccinated with at least one dose is 67.68%.
- The percentage of the population 65 years and older that’s fully vaccinated is 56.13%.
- Emergency Services administered 3,425 vaccines
- Health Centers administered 1,841 vaccines
- Hospitals administered 18,989 vaccines
- Long-term care facilities administered nine vaccines
- Medical clinics/doctors’ offices administered 11,944 vaccines
- Public health/government administered 27,774 vaccines
- Pharmacies administered 23,274 vaccines
- Other organizations administered 3,689 vaccines
The majority of those who have received at least one vaccine in Comal County are white.
- Asian – 771
- Black – 941
- Hispanic – 8,877
- Other – 4,923
- Unknown – 6,666
- White – 34,722
Leave a Comment