Comal ISD Approves 2018-19 Calendar
Comal ISD Board of Trustees approved the 2018-2019 academic calendar at its Feb. 28 board meeting.
The calendar is the result of a collaborative effort between parents, students, teachers and administrators, who served on a Calendar Committee.
Changes for the 2018-19 school calendar include:
- New start and end dates: School will begin on Tuesday, Aug. 28 and end Thursday, May 30 2018. Those surveyed said ending the school year before June was important.
- Oct. 8, Jan. 7, Feb. 15 and May 31 are student holidays. Teachers will utilize these as professional development days.
- School hours for the 2018-19 school year are:
– Elementary: 7:40 a.m. to 3:05 p.m.
– Secondary: 8:45 a.m. to 4:10 p.m.
- Click here to see the new calendar.
The committee developed and submitted two options for vote by parents and students over a two-week period ending Dec. 8, 2017.
While both options had similarities including changes to the school hours, and the same start and end dates, the majority of voters — 74.6 percent — supported “Draft A.”
After reviewing and incorporating survey feedback, the committee incorporated Texas Education Agency (TEA) requirements and submitted a final plan to the school board.
To learn more about the Feb. 28 meeting, click here.