SH 46 Project Update
Texas Department of Transportation on June 16 posted a Public Meeting and Summary Analysis of its March 3 hearing about improvements to SH 46.
To review a pdf of the summary, click here.
To read comments about the meeting, click here.
The session examined potential improvements to a seven-mile stretch of SH 46 from Bulverde Road to FM 3159 (Smithson Valley Road).
The project addresses safety and mobility concerns in the rapidly growing Bulverde area.
Proposed improvements may include expansion of the road to six lanes, sidewalks and bicycle accommodations.
- July 2015 – Project Kick Off
- Summer to Late Fall 2015 – Data collection and review (crash data, traffic data and projections, traffic analysis) and conduct environmental reviews
- Late Fall/Winter 2015 – Development of possible alternatives for the road
- March 2016 – Public meeting to share data collected and possible alternatives and collect input from the public
- Spring 2016/Early 2017 – Evaluation of public comments and continued studies of the area to refine alternatives for a preferred alternative
- Early 2017 – Public Hearing to share preferred alternative and collect input from the public
- Late 2017 – Environmental Clearance