Sign Up for Native Landscape Program
Sign-ups are now underway for Native Plant Society of Texas’ Native Landscape Certification Program, scheduled from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, June 9 at Tye Preston Memorial Library, 16311 S. Access Rd., Canyon Lake.
The class Level 1 Introduction to Native Landscapes is hosted by Native Plant Socieety of Texas, Lindheimer Chapter.
The day-long class includes two classroom sessions and an outdoor plant-identification walk. Registration is $37. Snacks and a box lunch will be provided.
- Value of including and preserving native in landscapes;
- Discovering the differences between conventional and sustainable (with natives) landscaping;
- Texas vegetation region and soils;
- Learning 45 native Texas plants for landscapes, and five plants to avoid;
- TX Nursery and Landscape Association (TNLA): 6 CEUs;
- TX Master Naturalist or Master Gardeners: 7 hours advanced training;
- Level 1 is a prerequisite for Levels 2 and 3. Levels 2 or 3 can be taken in any order.
For more information, email Meg Inglis at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Or, call 512-589-1316. Click here for additional online information.