Summer Seal Coating Begins
Dozens of roads in subdivisions throughout Comal County will receive a new seal coat this summer.
Beginning Friday, June 30, contractor Fuquay Inc. will resurface 41 miles of roads in the following subdivisions:
- Oak View, south of FM 1863 near SH 46
- Tom Creek Hills, west of Startzville
- The Point at Rancho del Lago, west of FM 3424
- Sattler Village and River Valley Estates, south of Sattler Road
- Bracken, near FM 2252 at the county line
- Bulverde Estates, west of U.S. 281
- Canyon Lake Island
- Cypress Cove and part of Mystic Shores, between FM 306 and the Guadalupe River
Seal coat resurfacing also includes
· Blanco Road
· West Ammann Road, from Blanco Road to George Oaks
“Comal County’s annual summer seal coat program helps extend the life and improve the drivability of county-maintained roads,” says County Engineer Tom Hornseth. “We don’t anticipate major disruptions, but we do appreciate residents’ patience and consideration if they encounter any delays over the summer.”
Seal coating should be completed by the end of September. Additional seal coating and road preparation by county crews will continue throughout the summer.