Give Big in Canyon Lake March 22
“It’s Time to Give Big” on March 22, and lots of charities and non-profits in Canyon Lake need some of that bigness.
Whether you care about the environment, arts, animal welfare or entrepreneurship, Central Texas’ big give — #BigGive2018 — has raised nearly $15 million over the last four years.
This year’s Big Give goal is $7 million and Canyon Lake has a lot of charities listed on thebiggivesa.org.
The Big Give encompasses Bexar County and 13 additional counties in South Texas.
It is a collaborative effort led by the Nonprofit Council and the San Antonio Area Foundation, in cooperation with two regional partners — Community Foundation of the Texas Hill Country and the New Braunfels Area Community Foundation.
How does it work?
At 12 a.m. March 22, the website opens a 24-hour online day of giving.
Click here for a comprehensive list of area non-profits.
On the list for Canyon Lake are:
- Friends of Tye Preston Memorial Library. To learn more, click here.
- Canine Classmates. To learn more, click here.
- Hill Country Advocates for Angels. To learn more, click here.
- Canyon Lake Animal Shelter Society (CLASS). To learn more, click here.
- Gorge Preservation Society. To learn more, click here.
- CRRC of Canyon Lake, Inc. To learn more, click here.
- League of Women Voters of the Comal Area Education Fund. To learn more, click here.
- Animal Rescue Connections (Bulverde-based but active in Canyon Lake). To learn more, click here.
Each donation made online through the Big Give website to a participating nonprofit is disbursed directly from GiveGab via direct deposit to the nonprofit within 36 to 48 hours.