Two Thousand Comal County Residents Vaccinated for COVID-19 at Convention Center
Two thousand Comal County residents will receive their first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine today at New Braunfels Civic/Convention Center.
Helping out at today’s vaccination clinic are 168 nursing students and 135 volunteers.
Comal County’s Public Health Department is closed today and Friday so staff can assist with the mass COVID-19 vaccine clinics. Another 2,000 vaccines will be administered on Friday.
Those innoculated today were among the first to register when Comal County created a standby list on its website.
Reaction on Facebook to today’s clinic was positive:
- “I was very impressed with the setup at the Civic Center this morning. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and the process went much faster than I was expecting!”
- “Great job Comal County. No lines, very well-organized.”
- “We just got our shots today. It was a very impressive set up, very friendly people, lots of help directing and handling paperwork, etc. The nurses were really nice and we were in and out of there very quickly. Thank you to all of the nurses, volunteers and Comal County employees who put this together, you all did a great job. Kudos!”
- “I got my first dose this morning. Everyone and everything was easygoing.”
- “It was very efficient. We got the shot very quickly. The area you see in the photos where you sit for 15 minutes after you get the shot, just to make sure you don’t have an adverse reaction. After that you leave and they give you your appointment card for the next shot. Easy-peasy.”
- “Short lines, no crowd beforehand. So organized!
- “The process this morning was well run, well-organized and extremely efficient. Had a 10:30 a.m. appointment and got my shot at 10:30. Out by 10:45. Thanks and great job to all!”
Some 12,000 people signed up for the vaccine in late January. Vaccines are administered based on the order of registration. Once all 12,000 residents on the standby list are vaccinated the county wil reopen its registration portal.