A Canyon Lake woman is among the five COVID-19 deaths confirmed by Comal County today.
The county also reported 58 new COVID-19 cases, up from 11 yesterday, bringing the total number of cases reported since March 2020 to 30,318.
- A Canyon Lake woman in her 80s who passed away Feb. 11 at a San Antonio hospital.
- A New Braunfels woman in her 70s who passed away at home on Feb. 26.
- A New Braunfels man in. his 80s who passed away on Feb. 11 at home.
- A Spring Branch woman in her 90s who passed away at home on Feb. 1.
- A New Braunfels man in his 60s who passed away on Feb. 15 at a New Braunfels hospital.
The total number of deceased is now 537.
On Tuesday, local hospitals report caring for 13 COVID-positive patients. Of those, six are in intensive care and two are on ventilators. Approximately 68% of these patients are unvaccinated. Not all COVID-positive patients in Comal County hospitals are necessarily residents.
Some 63.83% of residents are fully vaccinated (two shots).
To find a testing location for COVID-19 visit meds.tdem.texas.gov.
The county is administering COVID-19 vaccines for those 18 and older, and Pfizer vaccines for those five and up. Booster vaccines also are available.
To schedule an appointment call 830-221-1150.