Temperatures will remain above 100 degrees through Sunday, but the weather forecast for Tye Preston Memorial Library is 72 degrees with a 100% chance of fun things to do.
Library Director Natalie Shults said the public is welcome to visit to seek relief from the sweltering heat.
A library card is not required. Tye Preston Memorial Library (TPML) is located at 16311 South Access Road, Canyon Lake.
Reading is not required, either.
Shults said there are plenty of other ways to stay — and be — cool at the library:
- Get a free library card and access physical and digital collections.
- Play board games and put together puzzles. You can even take a puzzle home to work on from the bookstore’s puzzle-swap cart.
- Flip through newspapers and magazines.
- Plug into charging stations if devices need a boost.
- Use computers to connect to the internet.
- Enjoy free Wi-Fi.
- Spend time in the Nature Nook, which is full of information about native plants.
- Browse the Resource Rack to learn about different resources available in the area.
- Sit the kids down in front of literacy game computers.
- Let the kids enjoy “pretend play” with a toy kitchen, puppets, block pit and other manipulatives.
- Visit tpml.org to learn more about free programs offered by the library. They include story times, playtimes, summer performers, lunch and learns and much, much more.
- Check out the new vending machine!