Comal County reported five deaths and 306 new COVID-19 cases today.
Today’s numbers are for data reported to the county’s Health Department on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Monday. Freezing temperatures closed county offices at the end of last week, delaying official statements about COVID-19 case counts.
- A New Braunfels woman in her 80s who passed away Feb. 7 at a New Braunfels hospital.
- A Canyon Lake woman in her 80s who passed away Feb. 6 at a New Braunfels hospital.
- A New Braunfels man in his 70s who passed away Feb. 2 at a New Braunfels hospital.
- A Bulverde man in his 40s who passed away Jan. 21 at a San Antonio hospital.
- A New Braunfels woman in her 80s who passed away Jan. 21 at a New Braunfels hospital.
The total number of deceased is now 509. The county’s total case count since March 2020 is 28,683.
On Tuesday, local hospitals reported caring for 36 COVID-positive patients. Of those, eight are in intensive care and three are on ventilators.
Approximately 80% of these patients are unvaccinated. Not all COVID-positive patients hospitalized in Comal County are necessarily county residents.
Some 63.16% of county residents are fully vaccinated.
The county refers residents looking for COVID-19 testing to the Texas Division of Emergency Management’s website, meds.tdem.texas.gov.
The Public Health Department is administering Moderna COVID-19 vaccines for those 18 and older and Pfizer vaccines for anyone ages five and up. Booster vaccines also are available.
To schedule an appointment call 830-221-1150.