Deaths of Three Canyon Lake and Two New Braunfels Residents, 317 New COVID-19 Cases Reported Tuesday by Comal County
Five more Comal County residents have died of COVID-19, Comal County said in a statement today.
Also reported were 317 new cases of the virus, bringing the total to 27,724 cases reported since March 2020.
- A Canyon Lake man in his 80s who died at home on Jan. 29.
- A Canyon Lake woman in her 70s who died Jan. 22 at a New Braunfels hospital.
- A Canyon Lake man in his 70s who died Jan. 25 at a San Marcos hospital.
- A New Braunfels woman in her 70s who died Jan. 17 at a San Antonio hospital.
- A New Braunfels woman in her 90s who died Jan. 24 at home.
The total number of deceased is now 501.
On Tuesday, local hospitals reported caring for 60 COVID-positive patients. Of those, 18 are in intensive care and six are on ventilators. Approximately 71% of these patients are unvaccinated. Not all of these patients are necessarily county residents.
Some 62.94% of county residents are fully vaccinated.
The county refers residents seeking COVID-19 testing to the Texas Division of Emergency Management (TDEM) website for more information about testing locations across the area. The website is meds.tdem.texas.gov.
Public Health is administering Moderna COVID-19 vaccines for those 18 and older, and Pfizer vaccines for those five years and older. Booster vaccines also are available.
To schedule an appointment call 830-221-1150. The county asks callers for their patience as call volume is high.