Many Canyon Lake residents voted early at St. Francis by the Lake Episcopal Church and while they were there, many also cast their bids at the church’s charity fundraiser next door, a silent auction of wreaths created by local charities and nonprofits.
There’s still time to bid even though the polls closed today.
The closing celebration for the Canyon Lake Charity Wreath Auction is scheduled from 2-4 p.m. Saturday at the church, 121 Spring Mountain Dr., Canyon Lake. Bidding closes at 3 p.m.
The public is invited for hors d’oeuvres, wine and sweet treats to enjoy while deciding which wreath to bid on.
Festive holidays and mission-themed wreaths by these charities are up for bid:
- Canyon Lake Animal Shelter Society
- Canine Classmates
- Comal County Community Alliance
- Canyon Lake Art Guild
- Canyon Lake Mental Health
- Canyon Lake Noon Lions Club
- Communities in Schools
- Family Promise of Greater New Braunfels
- Friends of Tye Preston Memorial Library
- Homes for Our Troops
- League of Women Voters of the Comal Area
- Pilot Club
- VFW Post 8573 (Sattler)
- St. Francis – Honduras Mission
- St. Francis – Pick the Backpacks
- St. Francis – Navajo Mission
- River Chase Veterans
- Recovery Works
- The Heritage Museum