Brittany Chesser looks at aquatic vegetation at the Aquacultural Research and Teaching Facility. (Texas A&M AgriLife photo by Laura McKenzie)
Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service offers a number of classes for both adults and children in June and July.
No need to leave the house necessarily. Many classes are online while others are scheduled at Mammen Public Library or the Extension Office, 325 Resource Dr, New Braunfels.
Registration is now open for these classes:
- Landowner Management Workshop from noon to 1 p.m. June 15 – Bring a lunch and join Lauren Schumaker for a discussion on soil issues at Mammen Family Public Library, 131 Bulverde Crossing, Bulverde. To register call 830-438-4864.
- Master of Memory, a five-week class that meets from noon to 1:30 p.m. June 14, June 21, June 28, July 12 and July 19 – Topics include memory strategies, nutrition and memory function, medications and memory function, medical conditions and memory function and exercises for the body and mind at Mammen Family Public Library, 131 Bulverde Crossing, Bulverde. To register call 830-438-4864.
- Investigating Water Curriculum addresses water education and conservation. The online water fair features group rotations about aquifers, rainfall-and-runoff simulations, water in the body, the water cycles and the enviroscape and indoor/outdoor water conservation.
- Trees for Spring teaches landowners how to provide a safe place for wildlife to raise their young. This program by the National Wildlife Federation teaches residents to provide food, water, cover and places for birds and animals. Sign up and earn a certificate as an official Certified Wildlife Habitat. Online.
- Adventures in Agrilife offers summer adventures for children. Classes at Texas A&M AgriLife Extension, 325 Resource Dr., New Braunfels. June 8 – Totally Tie-Dye; June 22- Wacky Wildlife; July 13- Outdoor Safety; July 20 – Mythbusters. Call 830-620-3440 to register.
- Osteoporosis is the ‘What’s Cooking’ health topic for June. Online. Recipes available on AgriLife’s Facebook page.
Scheduled for July are:
- Landowner Management Workshop lunch-and-learn featuring AgriLife’s Jason Marigold, who will discuss grass issues. Noon to 1 p.m. July 13 at Mammen Family Public Library. Call 830-438-4864 to register.
- Feed Your Pond webinar is part of the 2022 Rangeland, Wildlife, Fisheries and Management Stewardship webinar series covering a variety of topics. Brittany Chesser, an AgriLife Extension Aquatic Vegetation Program specialist, will teach strategies to “feed” a pond to grow larger and more abundant fish. $35. To register click here. For more information email Morgan Treadwell at Morgan.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Questions about your garden/plant/trees? Email a master gardener any time, any month at email@example.com.
To learn more about the Extension Service click here.