Image courtesy of Canyon Lake's Ace Hardware store.
Make a list and check it twice at holiday markets or just enjoy fun Christmasy stuff at events throughout the Canyon Lake area:
- Locals Christmas Bash — from 5-10 p.m. Saturday at Rockin R River Rides, 1405 Gruene Rd., New Braunfels. Organized by New Braunfels Jeeps and Drinks. Santa will show up along with The Gruene Light Bar, El Arroyo Food Truck. Call It Bliss performs at 5 p.m. followed by Shelby Rae Marshall & Friends at 6:30 p.m. and Poor Jay Brown at 8:15 p.m.
- Canine Classmates Presents Photos with Santa Paws —Try something unusual for this year’s Christmas card: Pose the family next to a Newfoundland dog wearing a Santa hat.9 a.m. to 1 p.m. every Saturday at New Braunfels Farmers Market, 148 S. Castell Ave. Canine Classmate reading dogs are waiting to celebrate literacy and the holiday season.
- North Pole Holiday Market — Noon to 5 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 10 at Freiheit Country Store, 2157 FM 1101, New Braunfels. Special appearance by the Grinch. Christmas gifts, food, drinks and lots of seasonal gift items.
- Holiday Theatre Wonderthon — Canyon Lake Emerald Players present a Holiday Theatre Wonderthon from 7-9 p.m. Dec. 8-9 at the CLHS PAC. Act 1 is The Santa Interviews, Revenge of the Gingerbread Boy and Clausarella. Act 2 includes The Holiday Challen Christmas Movie Wonderthon (a Hallmark parody). Tickets are available for $10 online or at the concession stand.
- Spring Branch Market Day Christmas Market — Noon to 4 p.m. Dec. 10 at 9957 Spring Branch Rd. Vendors, fod, hot cocoa, entertainment, crafts, gifts and plenty of holiday spirit. Includes marshmallow roasting, balloon animals and face painting.
- Santa Photos & Cookies & Beverages — VFW Post 8800 is expecting a fat red elf from noon to 2 p.m. Dec. 10. He’ll ho-ho-ho for pictures with the kids and bring plenty of gifts and candy. 7755 FM 2673, Canyon Lake.
- Every Christmas Story Ever Told (and then some) — Live production on The Wimberley Players Stage, 450 Old Kyle Rd., Wimberley. Performances at 7:30 p.m. Saturday and 2:30 p.m. Sunday, 7:30 p.m. Dec. 9-10 and 2:30 p.m. Dec. 11. Three actors decide to explore their options instead of performing the classic Dickens play again. For more information call 512-847-0575 or email email@example.com.
- Family: Songs of Connection and Appreciation — First full winter concert by the Wimberley Community Chorus since 2019. 7 p.m. Dec. 9-10 and 3 p.m. Dec. 11 in Avey Hall of the Chapel of the Hills, 14601 RR 12, Wimberley. Performance under the direction of Texas State Choral Director Craig Aamot. For more information visit wimberleycommunitychorus.org.
- Letters to Santa Sunday — 2-4 p.m. Dec. 11 at Village of Bulverde. Sponsored by Spring Branch Area Chamber of Commerce. Drive-thru experience as Santa and Mrs. Claus greet children and accept Christmas letters. For more information about location call 830-438-4285.
- Let Your Little Light Shine Fundraiser — Gates open 5 p.m. Saturday at Stars & Stripes Drive-In, 1178 Kroescheln, New Braunfels. Movie at 7 p.m. Enjoy hot chocolate, North Pole animal adoptions, Christmas shopping, and a movie elf. Proceeds support Light Work 316 Inc to assist families facing major medical bills.
- Rock-the-Haus Christmas Dinner and Dance — 6-8:30 p.m. Dec. 14 at Village Venue, 2032 Central Plaza, New Braunfels. This is for adults with special needs and their caregivers. Bring canned food items to support the New Braunfels Food Bank. $5 for guests attending with adults with special needs. No charge for adults with special needs. Wear your tacky Christmas sweater. Pictures with Santa. Open for adults with special needs ages 18 and older. Participants requiring assistance must be accompanied by a caregiver. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 817-266-6833.
- H-E-B’s Pictures with Santa Claus — H-E-B Plus on FM 306 by Creekside flew in Santa Claus for photos with Santa from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday. BYOB cell phone, employees aren’t taking pictures.
- Holidays at the Gorge: Santa & S’Mores — See if you can find Santa on the Gorge Overlook Trail from 5-8 p.m. Dec. 10, 17 at 16029 South Access Rd., Canyon Lake. Includes S’mores kits, hot cocoa and other holiday treats. $5 per person, free for children under 12. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Wildflour Cookies with Santa — Enjoy cookies and cocoa with Santa from 3-5 p.m. Dec. 10, 16. Wildflour Artisan Bakery & Grill is located at 2000 FM 2673.