Property Taxes, Check for Canyon Lake Playground on Thursday’s Commissioners Court Agenda
Comal County’s proposed 2022 tax rate, a property-tax increase, and a $6,200 check and bid for a community playground at the CRRC Rec Center are on the agenda Thursday at Commissioners Court.
Commissioners meet 8:30 a.m. at the historic courthouse, 100 Main Plaza, New Braunfels.
Also of interest to Canyon Lake residents are:
- an order setting the 2022 Comal County property tax rate at $ .234715 for maintenance and operations and $ .050000 for debt service for a total rate of $.284715 per $100 of valuation. The lateral road portion of the total rate is $ .035800 and $ .000015 for flood control operating per $100 of valuation.
- ratifying the property-tax increase reflected in the approved 2023 budget.
- an interlocal agreement by and between Comal County and the Water Oriented Recreation District of Comal County (WORD) for employee health insurance.
- an order of appointment of election judges and alternate judges for a two-year term beginning Thursday.
- an order setting the maximum number of clerks for polling locations including Tye Preston Memorial Library, Lakeside Golf Club, St. Francis by the Lake Episcopal Church, and Canyon Springs Resort.
- increases in hourly pay for election judges, alternate judges and clerks.